Friday, March 30, 2012

Meatless March Meal #15: Zucchini Spaghetti

I used to work at Pizza Factory, and while I worked there, I learned a few secrets. This one isn't really a secret, but it is very yummy. Have you ever heard of zucchini made into spaghetti? I hadn't until I worked there.

I have to admit, I did go out and purchase a special tool just to make it, but it only cost a few dollars. Plus, this recipe is really simple :) Anyway, here goes!

Zucchini Spaghetti 
{homemade apple sauce recipe found here}


Ingredients:
Zucchini/Yellow Squash
Tomato sauce

1. Use a peeler or a special peeler (which I cannot find online, but I bought mine at Macy's), or just cut into strips.

2. Instead of boiling the zucchini (which will be difficult to drain), boil the water and use a steamer to "steam" the zucchini. Spoon it onto your plate, add tomato sauce, and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment