Monday, March 12, 2012

Meatless March: Side Dish #3: Cooked asparagus

When I was little, one of my favorite vegetables {yes, I have always loved most vegetables} was asparagus, but we didn't have it very often {that's probably why it was one of my favorites--what's the saying? Absense makes the heart grow fonder?}.

So fast forward. I saw some asparagus at the store and decided it would be a good vegetable for dinner, but I had NO idea how to cook it! I know you can steam it or cook it on the stove, but I didn't know what I needed to do.

So {of course} I turned to Google and found this -- a super simple and incredibly fast way to cook asparagus. AND it came out perfect!

So here it is. {Okay, here is my shortened version. Check out the full thing {aka how to do it right} on the website.}

Amazingly Short and Superbly Simple Asparagus


Ingredients prep time: 2 min }} cook time: 2:30 min
Asparagus
1 T Water

1. Cut off bottom part of asparagus {anything not green pretty much; you can also break it and find where it is naturally tough}. Put spears into a microwave-safe dish {as many as you want to have for dinner}. Pour in water.

2. Cover with plastic wrap, leaving a small opening. Microwave {yup, that's right!} for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. {If you like it more tender, add 30 seconds or so.}

3. Eat and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. since I don't really like the kitchen & what that involves I may have to send my hubby to this site...one of us must learn to make yummy asparagus! Great meeting you at TxSC last weekend....you have a lovely blog as well darling!!!

    ReplyDelete