Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Meatless March Meal #7: Navajo Tacos

This is seriously the easiest recipe ever! I don't know if you have ever had the tastiness that are Navajo tacos, but they are so good {this is because my taste buds LOVE fried dough}. Plus, since they are just like tacos {almost}, you can have whatever toppings you want!

Mini Navajo Tacos

Ingredients
Frozen dinner rolls
Refried beans
Shredded cheese
Onions (green or red, we used both)
Avocado
Tomato
Lettuce
Salsa
Sour Cream

1. Take the dinner rolls out and let them thaw on a greased cookie sheet. It should only take a couple hours, and you don't have to do anything.


2. When they've thawed, flatten and fry them in oil. It was SO easy, I was kind of surprised actually. Just put them in, flip them over after about 20-30 seconds and wait until they've browned on both sides.


3. Put the ingredients on in the order you like. This was mine: refried beans, cheese, avocado, tomatoes, onions, salsa, lettuce, and finally sour cream.

{This is what it looks like when you're done....oops! I mean when I'm done :)}


Plus, if you have any extra, you can throw some butter & honey on it. Or anything else you like on fried dough {strawberries & cream, confectioner's sugar, cinnamon & sugar, etc}

Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I love Meatless March. It always makes me hungry to read your blog this month...;)

    ReplyDelete