Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Baby "Shower" for Baby West

Several weeks ago, a few of us threw a surprise baby shower for a friend of ours. I was so worried that no one would come {not because of her, but because I thought they would all forget or not be able to or whatever}. It didn't help that when 2 o'clock {the time it was supposed to start} rolled around, there were 4 other people. But she wasn't coming till 2:15, and fortunately, almost everyone came before then.

When she walked in the door, she was SO surprised!! I was so happy that people came and she was surprised. Overall, it was a huge success!

{I wish I had gotten a picture of her cute and very red face :) but the 20 pictures I'm posting here will have to suffice}

{Sorry, these photos aren't amazing. I'm still working on being a good photographer :) }



We decided that our theme would be "shower" (as in rain shower), and we would make the refreshments pink, to go along with the baby's gender {girl}.

Can we just take a moment to "ooh" and "ahh" at this amazing cake??? {I did not make, my very talented, closet cake-making friend who helped with the party made it.} And not only did it look incredible, it tasted so delicious!
 
 
{So yummy! And she did all that decorating free hand. Crazy awesome}

{See those little cupcake looking things in the background? 
They are super tasty cake tarts, and I shall have to post the recipe soon}

{These looked better than they tasted}
 

Instead of playing baby shower games, we opted to decorate onesies. I know what you might be thinking--some people have no sense of art and can't draw for cookies. TRUE! Myself included! That's why we went with fabric, buttons, and cut out shapes. All of the onesies came out adorable.

{The creative juices at work}


And here they are! I thought they turned out awesome. Mine is on the bottom picture on the right side, with the cherries :)





And last, but not least, time to bring out the baby stuff! Seriously, this baby is going to be cutest little girl!




{Look at how gorgeous this girl is, even though she had 
no idea she was going to be photographed or going to her own party}

And of course, mama had to made a little something for little Baby West. I love the onesie she decorated.



Finally, we couldn't leave our guests going home without anything! So another friend made these adorable onesie cookies {they looked cute and tasted incredible}.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that shower looks absolutely adorable. The decorations and tasty goodies are so perfectly pieced together! Love that cake. Your friend did an awesome job on it!

    Decorating the onesies is the cutest idea I've ever seen!! I may just have to add to a friend's baby shower coming up! :)

    Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!
    xo
    Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You guys did a great job on the decorations! Super cute :) And your friend is so adorable... I didn't look nearly that cute and my baby shower, and I knew it was coming! hehe

    ReplyDelete